Crespi Cup 2019 winners
Another Crespi Cup has passed by, the 13th. This year there has been an incredible number of participants, 300 to be exact, in addition to the ever present affection of the visitors.
On Saturday night, at the Gala dinner, the award ceremony took place, where the following winners were announced:
- Crespi Bonsai Cup: Paolo Riboli - Pinus mugo
- Kaneko Memory Cup: Enrico Savini and Enrico Fiorini - Juniperus chinensis 'Itoigawa'
- Crespi Shohin Cup: Alessandro Geraci - Juniperus chinensis 'Itoigawa'
- Crespi Suiseki Cup: Paolo Dassetto - Sejigawa-ishi
- Crespi Pot Cup: Marco Tarozzo - ancient pot | Piero Cantù - hand-made pot | Luciano Ambrosetti - modern pot.
Instead on Sunday 15 september the Amateurs competition votations concluded, where the 80 best bonsai from the amateurs collections were on show:
- 1° place - Pinus sylvestris - Franco Thompson
- 2° place - Fagus sylvatica - Daniele Cerri
- 3° place - Juniperus chinensis ‘Itoigawa’ - Nando Raiola
- Masakuni Cup - Quercus cerris - Fausto Porcelli
- Yokohama Cup - Taxus cuspidata - Edoardo Losio